Maldives became the first country in the World who launched a loyalty program for Visitors. The name of the loyalty Program called ‘Border Miles’. It’s a collaborative efforts between the Ministry of Tourism, Maldives Immigration, Maldives Airports, and the Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation. With this program, tourists will be able explore more during their stay in Maldives.
Maldives Border Miles is the World’s first Nation-wide, three-tier loyalty program focused on tourism promotion.
Loyalty status of the member is based on the number of visits, duration of stay, and other aspects. The program is initiated by Maldives Immigration and developed with joint stakeholders.
If you are traveling to Maldives for the purpose of tourism you can enroll as a member of Maldives Border Miles. However, points will be rewarded if you stay in a registered tourist facility and if you stay at least 3 nights in Maldives. Check here list of tourist facilities and foreign vessels in operation.
Enrolling as a member
If you are eligible for Maldives Border Miles, you can register and become a member of the program when you submit the Traveler Health Declaration (THD). THD is a mandatory requirement from all travelers travelling to and from Maldives.
Maldives Border Miles status tiers
The Maldives Border Miles program has three tiers focused on promoting tourism. The three membership tiers are as follows:
- The Bronze membership level is called Aida, and requires 500 points
- The Silver membership level is called Antara, and requires 2,000 points
- The Gold membership level is called Abaarana, and requires 4,000 points
Visiting Maldives or crossing the border makes you earn the maximum number of points from a single activity. If you wish to earn bonus points, plan your trip to Maldives to celebrate your special occasions. You will earn extra points if you come to celebrate your honeymoon, wedding anniversary or birthday.
Earning points from partners
Points will also be rewarded if you enjoy surfing, diving, island hopping or watersports from the partners of Maldives Border Miles.
Rewards to members
After enrolling as a member, you can login to your border miles account, to view the updates of your points tally and your loyalty status.
List of Partners
Spend your holiday with this partners and enjoy the benefits offered exclusively to you. Celebrate your special occasions with this partners and get the most out of it. You can also earn extra points by obtaining predefined services from the partners.
Beautifully designed 10 rooms with private beach on the island of Rasdhoo, located in the wonderful atoll of Alif Alif, the heart of the Maldives archipelago. Surrounded by the waters protected by the coral reef, the hotel is immersed in an unspoiled oasis
- Deluxe Double Room : 10% for Aida / 20% for Albaarana
- Deluxe Beach Room : 15% for Antara
- Sand Bank Trip : Free for Aida
- Early Check-in : Free for Aida
- Snorkeling Gear : Free for Aida
- Room Upgrade : Free for Aida (upon availability)
- Full-board upgrade : 20$ per person for Aida
- Half-board upgrade : 12$ per person for Aida
- Italian Restaurant : 5% for Antara
- All Excursions : 10% for Antara
- Island tour : Free for Antara
- Scuba Diving : 5% for Antara
- Romantic Dinner : One Free romantic dinner for Antara for stays more than 7 nights.
Hulhule Island Hotel
Hulhule Island Hotel, located on the International airport island , is a modern and exotic hotel catering to the diversified needs of guests. This is an airport hotel perfect for the guests on leisure as well as on business. The hotel boasts of a range of luxury accommodation and facilities designed to suit the taste of avid guests. All the 136 guest rooms have a panoramic view of the breath taking Indian Ocean. All the rooms in the five categories have been provided with the most modern and functional amenities, from tea / coffee making facilities, Branded bathroom amenities and premium categories comes with pre-stocked wine cooler according to personal preferences. All rooms boast of LCD televisions and round the clock In-room dining also available. Hulhule Island Hotel also boasts of four main F&B outlets and various leisure activities including Spa and the largest pool in and around Malé city. Business traveller needs are met with meeting and conferences facilities provided by Ras Maalan Ballroom, Rani Kotari Boardroom and Gadhoo Lounge.
- Accommodation : 3% for Aida / 6% for Antara / 12% for Albaarana
- Food & Beverages : 3% for Aida / 6% for Antara / 12% for Albaarana
Cocoon blends the best of Italian design with the Maldives’ stunning natural beauty, all set against the backdrop of the azure Indian Ocean. Just a short 30-minute seaplane ride away from Velana International Airport, Cocoon Maldives is the actualization of a dream to create a unique “designer” resort that mixes luxury, design aesthetics and hospitality in one exceptionally beautiful island. Located on the pristinely stunning island of Ookolhufinolhu in Lhaviyani Atoll, the first glimpse of Cocoon Maldives will take your breath away. This 5-star, family-friendly, stylish resort, based on the principle of ‘affordable luxury’, is the perfect destination from which to discover the Maldives, whether you are honeymooning, scuba diving, or just looking for a place to unwind and relax.
- Cuba Spa : 20% for Albaarana / 15% for Antara / 10% for Aida : CUBE SPA, offer a wide range of therapeutic treatments from various corners of the world to ensure a sublime spa experience, designed to heal the mind, body and spirit.
- Excursions : 20% for Albaarana / 15% for Antara / 10% for Aida : Some of the best excursions in Maldives can be reserved at Cocoon Maldives : Dolphin Cruise, Sunset Fishing, Snorkeling, Local Island Trip, Picnic Island excursion and many more.
- Manta Restaurant : 20% for Albaarana / 15% for Antara / 10% for Aida : Cocoon Maldives invites you for an unforgettable dining experience at Manta, our finest a’ la carte dining restaurant located overwater with a spectacular view of the ocean and the beach.
- Water Sports : 10% for Albaarana / 6% for Antara / 3% for Aida : Cocoon’s Water Sports Centre offers everything you need for the ultimate water sports thrill from snorkeling to jet skis to satisfy even hard-core adventurers.
- Diving : 10% for Albaarana / 6% for Antara / 3% for Aida : Cocoon houses a fully-equipped diving center, run by certified professionals for all your dive needs taking you to some of the Atoll’s most vibrant dive sites to see some of the Maldives’ most charismatic megafauna.
The Pizza Company
Whether you’re looking for a delicious pizza, side, calzone, milkshake, drinks, or simply a dessert, we offer a wide selection on our menu and are happy to go the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction.
- All Products : 12% for Albaarana/ 8% for Antara / 4% for Aida : Available from The Pizza Company outlets at the Velana International Airport.
Ensuring secure mobility is our vision, and we aim to provide, quality, convenient and professional immigration services to facilitate legitimate travellers.
- Privileged Immigration Clearance : Albaarana and Antara members will be privileged with hassle free immigration services on arrival and during departure.
Maldives Airports Company Limited
Maldives Airports Company Limited (MACL) is a 100% government owned limited liability company incorporated under the Companies Act of the Republic of Maldives. MACL is governed by a Board of Directors appointed by the President of the Maldives. The Corporate Office of MACL is on the island of Hulhule’, Republic of Maldives.
- VIP Service : Free for Albaarana : Unwind the Maamahi Executive Lounge with access to plenty of refreshments, a mini duty-free shop, and wi-fi.
1 thought on “Maldives ‘Border Miles’ Loyalty Program for Visitors : What you need to know !”
Pingback: Paradise Stopover Special Quarantine Package at 750 USD only ! - hala Maldif